Sound/Audio settings

Home Forums Suggestions Sound/Audio settings

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Garies 2019-03-12 at 12:24 pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Garies
    Garies

After the last update more sounds was added, the wind turbines are making a very loud sound, a sound level I was previously comfortable to play at is now too loud, and I have to have the slider almost all the way down.

Any chance to put “multiple” sliders?
    Environment
    Monsters/Animals
    Assemblers/Machines

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

There’ll definitely be 2 more sliders for audio: environmental and sound effects sliders. Later on there’ll also be one for music. I’ll also have to equalize the sound files themselves. Some files are louder than others and that’s not okay. I’ll do that after or with the next patch ^^

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

Cool, I noticed the wind turbine sound also. That was the only one that jumped out.

I thought it might be a tip of the hat to the story I read about those things. Farmers were saying the low-pitched hum and vibrations were causing problems. No way we need that lol.

The building sounds are nice for placing items. Those might be just a touch loud.

The footsteps are really nice, especially hearing predators running behind me!

left / right balance is good also- it really adds to immersion when walking and turning.

I played with headphones on for the first time, amazing how much I was missing.

Garies
    Garies

@ Radu Awesome for the quick fixing :)
    @Rune, lolz, the farmers :’)

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Yes headphones are amazing when it comes to games, not just with Gaia btw. It adds so much to immersion because a lot of the sound quality is lost through speakers but not through headphones

Garies
    Garies

yup, i run 7.1 headphones, if the game supports it, it sounds awesome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.