Save & quit to desktop not saving properly?

Home Forums Support Save & quit to desktop not saving properly?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Radu 2019-05-27 at 7:31 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Wanderer
    Participant

I think I may have bricked my main save. Previously I had always done “save and quit to main menu” and I was able to load back up no problem after, but on my main save last night I did “save and quit to desktop”. Now when I load it up, the initial load bar goes to 50%, then the splash screen with the planet comes up and the text “progress 100%” shows in the bottom left. I left it running that way for a good 10 minutes but nothing ever happened. Loads normally take less than a minute for me so I definitely think the save is bricked. While this is happening, my CPU is at 50-55% and GPU is at 70-75%, so it’s thinking about something… just not actually able to load.

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Something is definitely up. Could you send me your output_log.txt file? You’ll find it here C:\Users\USER\AppData\LocalLow\Gaia\Gaia

There are some situations where the game should prevent you to save, such as when enemies are nearby or when swimming/flying/diving or making sure there are no dropships active. The ‘Save and Quit to Desktop’ button didn’t do these checks, so it most likely tried saving the game at the wrong time or place, which corrupted the save file. Really sorry about that! What were you doing when you quit to the desktop? And where were you? Just trying to make sure that’s the real cause of the bug and not something else since it’s the first time we’ve had this kind of report.

I just published a hotfix to make sure those checks are done with the quit-to-desktop button as well!

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Oh boy, okay I found the bug. The input in a new game allowed you to put any character for the save file, but only numbers or letters work. No white space, no accents etc. Hotfix is going live now to prevent people from entering any character other than letters and numbers. So just to clarify, if you had save files with a white space in them, just remove it from the 4 files and it will work again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.