Revenge of the Beacon Bug

Home Forums Bugs Revenge of the Beacon Bug

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Radu 2019-02-12 at 2:04 pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

Now the beacon totally disappears about a second after dropping it.

edit- I tried this again a little later after reloading the game and the beacon is normal again.

dat beacon :D

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

omg, dat beacon bug just doesn’t give up hahahahahah

Okay so how did it disappear? Did it just go poof? While in the air or on the ground? Or did it go through the ground? Or launched towards the sky?

There was a bug with it before where if you loaded a game with a beacon protected by a shield turret, the beacon would shoot up in the sky and disappear but that’s been fixed now

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

Sorry lack of detail there, late night.

I used the cheat sheet to drop one right in front of my base. The base is maybe 20m from the escape pod.

I had a complete enclosure of the base with defensive walls. I dropped the beacon in between the base and the defensive wall. Several disappeared a second or so after landing on the ground.

I also tried dropping one outside the defensive wall, same result.

I then tried it all around the area.

All went poof. No launching. I haven’t seen anything fall through the terrain. Dropping and launching is a huge bug in some games.

The first few disappeared a second or so after hitting the ground. At some point they disappeared faster, before hitting the ground. At the end, I could hit the button in the cheatsheet really fast, and they would vanish before hitting the ground. It works fine for bulk items like stocking up on ammo.

After they disappeared, each new one had the name “Beacon 1”

After saving and reloading, I dropped 1 beacon and it worked fine after that. Loaded up the game today and the beacon is still there with it’s new name, all good.

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Okay thanks for all the details, very useful! Are you sure that when you spawned it with the cheat sheet, you didn’t pick it up at the same time? A lot of times when you click on a button in the cheat sheet, the click also happens to pick up the dropped item at the same time

Edit: well it would show in your inventory if it that did happen so nvm

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

lol yes I have been fooled by that a few times! But I did check that and they were totally gone.

Also having the new ones spawn with the same name:”Beacon 1″ shows they are not hiding somewhere.

Weird, I cannot reproduce it at all now. However I have seen many, many 1-time bugs (in other EA games) that went away after reloading the save.

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Yes and in some cases it’s okay to ignore such 1 time bugs, as long as they don’t impact gameplay too much. This bug for example, I think I’ll ignore it for now since it only happened once and also only if you used the cheat sheet. I looked into it and I can’t reproduce it, but if it ever happens again let me know and I’ll double the effort put into it ^^

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.