Null Ref. in build 2.0.4

Home Forums Bugs Null Ref. in build 2.0.4

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Radu 2019-05-15 at 8:59 am.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Inventory_3y3net.fillCraftWindow (UnityEngine.Transform recipeContent, UnityEngine.Transform recipeTemplate, UnityEngine.Transform product, UnityEngine.Transform materialsContent, UnityEngine.Transform materialTemplate) [0x00404] in C:\Users\Radu\Desktop\Project\Assets\3rdParty\3y3net Assets\Inventory Plus\Inventory_3y3net.cs:2901
    at MainUIManager.OnOpenCraftWindow (.Assembler ass) [0x00075] in C:\Users\Radu\Desktop\Project\Assets\Scripts\MainUIManager.cs:243
    at Player.openAssemblerWindow (.Assembler ass) [0x0004f] in C:\Users\Radu\Desktop\Project\Assets\Scripts\Player.cs:650
    at CrosshairScript.Update () [0x00a28] in C:\Users\Radu\Desktop\Project\Assets\Scripts\CrosshairScript.cs:258

(Filename: C:/Users/Radu/Desktop/Project/Assets/3rdParty/3y3net Assets/Inventory Plus/Inventory_3y3net.cs Line: 2901)

This one popped up as I was accessing my Main Assembler. I had it placed on the ground, outside my base. The floor panel I was on was elevated, so I was looking down at the assembler when I accessed it.

After that, the interface for the assembler was on the screen, but I could not get the cursor to appear. I could look around, and the interface stayed put, and moved around with my view.

This was different from the bug where the cursor sometimes does not appear with GUI windows on the game screen. Usually, I can hit the L Control button to lock the cursor and interact with the interface window.

This time, that did not work. I can run around with the GUI from the Main Assembler showing, and the Escape button removes it. But I still can’t interact with it anymore. I used it to build my base, and used it from the same elevated position many times.

Game started in build 2.0.3. I cannot remember if this happened the first time I used it after the Update to 2.0.4

EDIT- this is a baddie. I think my main assembler is broken. Verified local files and restarted computer, all drivers up to date.

All other assemblers are working normally. I did notice that when I select a Product in another assembler, that product is still visible in the product area of the Main Assembler’s bugged GUI when it appears

Probably not related, but- I have downloaded the 2 Mods, and activated both, but I have not yet made a turret assembler

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Oh man, I forgot to update the potato mod on the workshop hihi. Sorry about that. Just turn off the magic potato mod for now and you should be good. I’ll be updating the mod soon ^^

It looks like downloading the mods on your PC worked though, which is what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

I just pushed a quick shadow patch to fix the mod serialization problem, so using the potato launcher mod only should work fine. I’ll be updating the other mod tomorrow though

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

UH OH. game won’t load now. We are stuck at the “Progress 100%” stage of the loading screen Argument out of range exception. Parameter name: Index

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

theres a message at the save game list “File was saved using different mods, it might not work”

reactivated the mods, game loads fine, but with the bugged assembler. Looks like it is not possible to deactivate the mods once the game is loaded up.

I tried temporarily unsubscribing the mods, the game was saved with them, wont load up without them

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

married to the MOD LOL

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Wait what? Yes, if you start a save file with a different set of mods, then it will most likely break. I should make that warning red and not yellow.

What are you saying in your last message though, you can’t start up the game at all? Or are you talking about the save file that’s causing you trouble? In any case, send me your log file!

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

lol sorry. The game starts fine. its what you said. That save-game where i had the mods on won’t load.

So i saved my game with the mods on, and the assembler bugged. That game is may be dead because i cannot turn off the mods within the game, can’t use the assembler.

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Ah okay fiou! Right, you can’t turn on/off mods once you started a new game. Once a set of mods has been assigned to a save file, that game is stuck with those mods forever. You may or may not be able to deactivate mods and your file would still work, but it would greatly depend on the mod itself. The mod would have to not affect anything to do with serialization mainly. Both mods on the workshop do though, so yeah.

I don’t know how other games do it, but Rimworld does it like this too.

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

OK, well i have actually never used any mods in a game. Space Engineers has a huge modding community.

alpha protocol: mods tested within separate save-games lol

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Yep, at least until I reduce the amount of mods that can impact a save file

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.