New sounds – range

Home Forums Bugs New sounds – range

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Runeshadow 2019-03-15 at 10:30 pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

Sorry if this is a known issue, I seem to remember discussing this, could not find the thread.

I had an attack on my base while I was away. I was over 5 km away, so running back was not an option.

Even at that distance, I could hear the ship sounds, and guns firing. Also the ground was shaking.

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

Defenses held! Only minor damage to the base when I got back.

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

This was on purpose. I specifically designed some sounds to always be heard no matter where you are, such as an attack by big ships. But maybe it shouldn’t be so?

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

Hmm. Come to think of it, maybe you could hear distant explosions at 5 km. Didn’t really think that one through :D Those are large energy weapons

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

I think what’s fishy about the current sounds at long distances is that they sound like they’re right next to you. So it would be much better if it sounded as if they were really far away

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

ya, if you have EQ control over the sounds. You can use a low-pass filter, or just mute most of the high frequencies. Reverb is awesome to add distance. especially if you can control the mix of wet to dry signal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.