Food and Cabinet issue

Home Forums Bugs Food and Cabinet issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    GariesGaries

When I put food in a cabinet and generators is behind it, the generators will grab the food rather than the food going to the cabinet:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f7dnu5953FLTvXBYL_Oqa9bejex7k81C/view?usp=sharing

GariesGaries

Oh and also, seems the farm is still doing the issue where it doesn’t keep the state of the planted crops..
    Everytime after a save load the farm is empty..

RuneshadowRuneshadow
    Participant

i got the farm bug again also. Seems it affects plants in the growing stage only for me. If they are fully grown when I exit, they are still there when reloading the game.

GariesGaries

Yeah mine is in growing stage as well..

RaduRadu
    Creator

Okay thanks, I got rid of the drag and drop functionality as part of the UI patch so that won’t be happening anymore. As for the farm bug… dang Does it happen 100% of the time?

RuneshadowRuneshadow
    Participant

OOOH, that UI patch is sounding nice!

not positive if the farm bug is consistent, Ill keep an eye on that with my new base.

Farming is not huge for me, I have plenty of food. After the first ground attack, its BBQ every night!

GariesGaries

I think its 100% of the time, I’ll test again tomorrow if need be, i’m on my to bed :(

RaduRadu
    Creator

Mmmm BBQ… I can’t wait for winter to finish so I can finally make some bbq cause man, it sucks living under the snow for 6 months at a time!

Alright okay guys thanks, I’ll check it out and will fix it with the UI patch.

RuneshadowRuneshadow
    Participant

OMG its been raining all winter here. If it would freeze and stay frozen, or dry out and stay dry, I could ride my mountain bike.

RuneshadowRuneshadow
    Participant

OK its random lol. I have 4 Farms. Carrots, Cucumbers, Leeks, lettuce- all were in their growing stages, all survived so far after reloading the game.

I do remember it was Aubergines that I had in my last game where they disappeared

RaduRadu
    Creator

Alright thanks

GariesGaries

Yeah, now that i’m testing it, now it doesn’t do it :P :P

I distinctly remember the previous 2 loads that it did it :(

oh well :)

RuneshadowRuneshadow
    Participant

Test farm destroyed by fire tornado lmao

GariesGaries

lolz

RaduRadu
    Creator

I’m thinking of getting rid of the farm completely and instead allow the player to plant his crops anywhere on the terrain, at least where it’s nice and grassy. This not only eliminates this elusive farm bug, but it also opens up the possibility to make farming a more in depth concept.

For example, in some later Alpha, you’d be able to actually farm the land. You could make the soil grow faster by sprinkling it with something, or dig it out and replace it with ‘farming soil’. The current farming system is just too limiting and buggy. If your farm gets destroyed, you also lose all your crops.

So with the new upcoming patch, I’ll be making crops ‘plantable’ on the ground the same way buildings are. I’ll also introduce seeds. It will be a bit weird to mix the inventory system with the building system, because right now buildings don’t show up in your inventory. They have their own little system. But I’d like to be able to put seeds in the inventory and at the same time make the crop show in the building menu. It’s not a hard thing to do, but it’s a questionable design.

The ‘amount available’ field will show the seeds you have in your inventory for crops. But for every other building, that field doesn’t look in the inventory. So I think that will confuse some people and rightly so. One solution to this would be to make ALL buildings be actual items, just like a water bottle that you can drop and pick up minecraft style. All buildings will be stackable too so it won’t hurt your inventory space too much. This will also open up a new merchant I designed a long time ago, one who only trades buildings. But I won’t enable this merchant until a later alpha because this particular’s merchant stats are all over the place and it would take too long to balance it at the moment.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.