Alpha-2.0.3

Home Forums Announcements Alpha-2.0.3

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Runeshadow 2019-05-11 at 8:51 pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Very small patch!

* Fixed some typos and text appearing in wrong places
    * As a wise man once said, made the easy easier and the hard harder. Previously, the difficulty factor was 25%, now it’s 50%. Huge increase so we’ll see how that goes.
    * Mod stability improvements
    * Fixed the vision not becoming blurry when hitting a thirst level of 20%
    * Some more behind the scenes technical stuff changes

I’ve been really busy doing some business related stuff, as well as improving this website and the store page these past few days, which is why this patch is so small! To be honest, the rest of this month’s patches will most likely be the same. I didn’t know marketing and community management can take such a large amount of time.

But I think it’s all worth it in the end. Gaia is now at the top of the ‘Popular Upcoming’ list on Steam. The game won’t appear there if you’re logged in and already own the game, which is kinda weird. Anyway, traffic to the page has surged ten fold since it got there. The pressure is real!

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

LOL that was definitely a wiseass that said that about the stats. Thank you for changing the difficulty numbers. It is a lot easier to get up and running, and learn how the game works. especially for players looking for low-stress, chill experience. With options like that, there’s little need for separate game modes like “creative”.

That’s smart to stay on top of the community. I’ve seen an alpha game recently get hit bad with more than their share of angry “where’s the update” trolling. regular chatter on the forums keeps that to a minimum.

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

From what I’ve seen, people are usually content with updates every 2-4 weeks right? Depending on the game of course. What game are you talking about btw?

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

Yep, and having an active playerbase on the forums helps.

I was talking about Breathedge. Its a small team and a different development schedule. They are releasing completed “Chapters”, and very well polished and bug-free. so it’s longer in between updates. English not their first language. luckily, they have a healthy sense of dark humor, and a few fanboys taking no crap.

Cannot figure out why they have a disproportionate amount of those blatant trolls though. You know, the Level-0-new-profile-set-to-private guy who accuses the game is dead or abandonware, then never follows up the post or is ever seen again.

Radu
    Radu
    Creator

Ah yes I’ve been to their store page a few times since they released to see how they do. It sounds like they have an amazing game with their only real problem being that it’s short. Like, less than 10 hours of game play short. If only they had some replayability, their game would most likely be up there with Subnautica and all the other ones, or at least very close.

I’m pretty sure it’s only the replayability that is affecting them so badly. People like it so they want more. Still, I don’t think those recent Mixed reviews are going to affect much in the long run, unless the devs release an update every 2 years or something.

Runeshadow
    Runeshadow
    Participant

yep the intro chapter is short. I have about 17 hours. I’m a hoarder and the building features are not there yet. they have an awesome start with the separate constructor tool. If they expand that and get it integrated with the game, it will be a great space base builder.

Using Unreal, it has a different feel and atmosphere that reminds me of the playing the first Unreal. good times there :D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.