2 bugs (Chocomilk 1.0)

Home Forums Bugs 2 bugs (Chocomilk 1.0)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GariesGaries

Hi,

I got 2 errors, first was when creating a new world, and second is by just moving about.
    Screenshots with log file:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aJzY2bdveNAtHTfWleKIWGviJO8HfvQL

RaduRadu
    Creator

Hey, did any of those bugs break the game? Also, can you let me know if you can reproduce the first bug by creating another world again? I did get that one before, but only like once or twice in many hundreds attempts so it’s hard to pin down.

Edit: I’m gonna try and hunt that annoying foot collider bug even though it’s harmless, it’s just really annoying to see that red message

GariesGaries

Hey,

No it didn’t break anything as far as I’ve noticed..
    Okay, will test tonight and see if I can reproduce it, and by how many.

Thanx, yes its a bit annoying :P

RaduRadu
    Creator

So I found out the source of the first bug. It happens VERY rarely, maybe like once every 100 or 200 new maps and what it does is that it breaks the pathfinding graph. Basically, somewhere in the graph, there were more than 255 collisions in one spot and that’s too much. My best guess is that in that one spot, too many minerals and rocks have been spawned on top of each other. It is just a guess though so I can’t fix it until I’m sure. I included some additional debugging messages for the next time it happens so I can pinpoint the exact location and reason. Until then, the only way to deal with it is by restarting with a new map OR to save and then load again

GariesGaries

awesome, glad you found the possible cause.
    I’ve started a couple of new worlds, with same settings, and nope, couldn’t replicate it.. so i prolly was just very unlucky that time :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.